question

toned_coins avatar image
0 Likes"
toned_coins asked

Does the API version change make a difference?

I was looking at my code and noticed this findItemsAdvanced $app_version = "1.3.0"; And I noticed on the site it said the version was 1.13.0 My site seems to be working fine so my question is, do you really need to change things? Is it necessary? Are there people here who know how to make this changes (freelancers)? What has changed in this version that can affect my site?
api version
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
For the Finding API (and Shopping API), like the API call you mentioned, things usually work the same no matter which version# you specify. Yes, 1.13.0 is the latest for the Finding API, but any earlier number you use should make no difference. That said, I have seen some rare fringe cases where using a newer version# eliminated some behavioral quirks of the API. OTOH, I've even seen errors that occur when using the latest version# that go away when I then use an earlier version# ! Personally, in my scripts I use 1.12.0 for Finding API calls - 1 version earlier than current. That's my preferred balance.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.