question

jay_trigilgas avatar image
2 Likes"
jay_trigilgas asked ·

Is the sandbox useless? Can we only trust the production API?

According to the docs GeteBayDetails should work without DetailName. That's how I had it working with a project I have just returned to. It now seems, contrary to the docs and in the sandbox at least, that is not the case. Even in the API Test Tool!!! This is not the first time I have had issues with the sandbox. Issues which have cost me days to establish that the error was not in-fact with me but an untrustworthy development environment. Pull your finger out eBay. This is just embarrassing.
sandbox not workinggetebaydetails
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniescanla-9 avatar image
0 Likes"
daniescanla-9 answered ·
I have to agree. I have been working more with the sandbox than the API. Do you guys have any tips for dealing with the ebay production environment as a development environment?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

truonnguyennha_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
truonnguyennha_0 answered ·
It is really bulshit for eBay Developers Program Team

frankmccoo avatar image
0 Likes"
frankmccoo answered ·
Yes , several weeks from now the noification api is not working in the sandbox. The sandbox is really bulshit for developing an ebay application.

brickarmory avatar image
0 Likes"
brickarmory answered ·
dude, there's so many things broken on the sandbox environment. you really have to test with production. it's so dumb, they should just get rid of sandbox if they're not going to support it.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.