question

oldspdx avatar image
0 Likes"
oldspdx asked

Sandbox now returning "Internal error to the application"

I have calls to the API in two apps, one using classic ASP and another .net app using the SDK, and with both I am getting "Internal error to the application." when I try to run a VerifyAddFixedPriceItem(or VerifyAddItem). Both of these apps had worked before and are unmodified, but they seemed to start failing around 9/8 or so, and then worked intermittently. Other calls, such as getting categories, getting time, etc work fine. Our live apps (not using the sandbox) work perfectly. This seems to indicate an internal error on the eBay servers, but I wanted to confirm that and find out of there is a status area we can see when services are not up and running correctly. I also wanted to confirm this is not related to TLS 1.2 support (it seems TLS 1.0 is still supported with these APIs until June 2017). This is related to eBay motors, by the way.
sandbox-problemapi-problemverifyadditemebay motorsinternal error to the application.verifyaddfixedpriceitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
oldspdx avatar image
0 Likes"
oldspdx answered
After further analysis, the issue *may* be related to the fact some of this code is running on Server 2003 and is indeed related to TLS 1.2. However that is not confirmed, and the issue is also present on a desktop development machine running Windows 10.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.