question

jcarrandson avatar image
0 Likes"
jcarrandson asked ·

Unable to add GTC item?

I am trying to use 'AddItem' to add a Good Til' Cancelled Buy It Now item to eBay in the category: Business, Office & Industrial > Power Tools > Tool Parts & Accessories I get the following error: 83 : Duration Invalid. The duration "GTC" day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category "11705". I know I'm able to list GTC Buy It Now listings in that category as we have hundreds already. I've pasted my XML input below, I hope somebody can help? ********** en_US High Test Description. 11705 10.00 1000 true US GBP 1 FixedPriceItem GTC MPN T35T PayPal magicalbookseller@yahoo.com http://i.ebayimg.sandbox.ebay.com/00/s/NDI0WDYwMA==/z/WOgAAOSwnQJX38Jg/$_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007 95125 10 Flat 1 UK_RoyalMailFirstClassStandard 0.00 0.00 US
apierroradditemgtc
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jcarrandson avatar image
0 Likes"
jcarrandson answered ·
Thank you for your reply but category 11705 does exist on the the US site, I've already used the API successfully to list a 30 day buy it now item within that category. (just doesn't work for GTC) Thank you for explaining how to change to the UK site though, I tried changing country to UK and it threw an invalid country error so I assumed the API only worked on the US site and gave up. After a quick Google I found that the "Country" needs to be "GB" and I changed "Site" to "UK" as suggested. This didn't fix my initial problem though, even after these changes I still get the same error returned from eBay: 83 : Duration Invalid. The duration "GTC" day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category "11705". Any more ideas?
· 3 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Have you also changed the HTTP header X-EBAY-API-SITEID to 3 to ensure the request is definitely going to the UK? Changing the request to be AddFixedPricedItem instead of AddItem may also work.
0 Likes 0 · ·
When listing via ebay.co.uk site I don't get the option to pick GTC for the category. It may be worth calling GetCategoryFeatures for the category 11705. It will tell you if that category supports GTC.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Yes the site ID is set to 3 and I just tried changing the request to AddFixedPriceItem but it appears it's a different schema so I'm going to have to re-write my input XML. I know the category allows GTC listings because we already have a few hundred GTC listings in this category. (listed manually using the eBay "Sell" page online) I'm just trying to streamline the process for us but so far it's been a bit of a ball ache lol. I'll give this AddFixedPriceItem a try, thanks again for your help.
0 Likes 0 · ·
davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered ·
You are telling eBay that the item should be listed on the US site where the category 11705 does not exist. You need to ensure that the HTTP header `X-EBAY-API-SITEID` is set to `3` and that `UK` is used in the request. This will ensure the item is listed on the UK site.
· 1 · Share

Thank you for your reply but category 11705 does exist on the the US site, I've already used the API successfully to list a 30 day buy it now item within that category. (just doesn't work for GTC) I have now changed "Country" to "GB" and "Site" to "UK" as you suggested but this didn't fix my problem. Even after these changes I still get the same error returned from eBay: 83 : Duration Invalid. The duration "GTC" day(s) is not available for this listing type, or invalid for category "11705".
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.