question

file037 avatar image
0 Likes"
file037 asked

Issues with title/description search part numbers

I have been working through the findItemsAdvanced tutorial (the example ebay provides is for "ipod" and returns Low, Mid, High price ranges). The issue I am having is: If I search with RE521502 it will return "No items found". (eventhough that is part number in several item listing Titles (and descriptions) on ebay). If I search with 521502 it will find items, including those with RE521502 My url doesn't appear to have any additional wonky encoding added (excerpt of call below), I did add in descriptionSearch (in or out the result is the same): .....&keywords=RE521502&descriptionSearch=true&.... .....&keywords=521502&descriptionSearch=true&.... Any ideas on what is causing this issue?
search apisearch-query
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Works fine here. Post a complete API request less your APPID

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

file037 avatar image
0 Likes"
file037 answered

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered
Your price filter excludes all the items.

file037 avatar image
0 Likes"
file037 answered
Thanks. The tutorial actually creates 3 prices ranges calls (from $0 to $500). I pasted the last one (highest) from the debug. But, I manually adjusted and ran the url and it did return products in xml... so I'm thinking there might be an error in the actual tutorial code. I appreciate your help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.