question

reprintrecycle avatar image
0 Likes"
reprintrecycle asked ·

How to input newline character into description section of xml for additem

pretty much it. I cant for the life of me figure out how to include a newline in my descriptions for the additem call. If I put a hard return in the xml file it doesnt show. if I put < br > it screams error. if i put & #13;& #10; it does nothing on the page. idk any help is appreciated. right now all my descriptions are one line. edit I included spaces in the br and the escape codes so they would show in question
additemhtml
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
reprintrecycle avatar image
0 Likes"
reprintrecycle answered ·
Ok I have finally figured it out for the 21 people that are following, and for anyone else that is racking their brain on this one... after searching, and looking at the samples I find to get a new line or return character you have to html encode the text, and in order to do that you need to first put a `` after the `<Description>` XML tag then start the paragraph like html encoding requires with a `<p>` , then where you want the new line insert the `<br>` then close off the paragraph with a `</p>` and then close off with `` before the closing ``
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.