question

flyingmongoose64 avatar image
1 Like"
flyingmongoose64 asked

Can I use the findCompletedItems call to analyze the market?

I would like to create an application that uses the findCompletedItems call to retrieve data from completed listings and analyze it to create recommendations for other eBay sellers. For example, the application would compare the average price form the items that sold vs the items that didn't sell and calculate a recommended price accordingly. Would this be allowed under the terms of service? I know it says: "Ensure that you do not store the results retrieved from this call or use the results for market research purposes." I would no be storing the data over the long term. The data would be retrieved for the sole purpose of preforming calculations. Thank you!
finding apifindcompleteditemssearch api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pauwase_0 avatar image
0 Likes"
pauwase_0 answered
I'm curious about this as well. I want to maintain within policies. I don't know what other use this API call would possibly be used for.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

truskydesign avatar image
0 Likes"
truskydesign answered
I'm curious about this as well. I want to maintain within policies. I don't know what other use this API call would possibly be used for.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.