question

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames asked

Items from Ebay-GB displaying with Euro price

Hey guys, I'm using findcompleteditems api and when I am requesting listings from the Ebay-GB site, the response says the price is in GBP but the site says the same price is in EURO's. Does anyone know if the website is labeling the prices wrong or is the response incorrect? It is causing me headaches when I am trying to convert the values to USD. I do not know if I should be converting by the EUR or by GBP.
findcompleteditemsconversionconvertedcurrentprice
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
I see £1,290.00 on the eBay UK page (GBP). Maybe some setting issue with eBay website? Try clearing your cache and cookies. Or it may be based on geo-location.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
API example request? screenshot? I see EUR on the website and the API returns both.
10 |600

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames answered
Thanks for the reply clickprime Here is my request http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems &SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0 &SECURITY-APPNAME=**** &GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB &RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON &REST-PAYLOAD &keywords=king%20of%20fighters%202003%20(neo%20geo,neogeo) &paginationOutput.entriesPerPage=500 &itemFilter(0).name=SoldItemsOnly &itemFilter(0).value=true &itemFilter(1).name=Condition &itemFilter(1).value=Used &itemFilter(2).name=EndTimeFrom &itemFilter(2).value=2016-05-05T00:00:00.000Z &itemFilter(3).name=EndTimeTo &itemFilter(3).value=2016-08-10T18:11:49.006Z &outputSelector(0)=SellerInfo &sortOrder=EndTimeSoonest Here is the selling_status response "sellingStatus": [ { "currentPrice": [ { "@currencyId": "GBP", "__value__": "1290.0" } ], "convertedCurrentPrice": [ { "@currencyId": "GBP", "__value__": "1290.0" } ], "bidCount": ["9"], "sellingState": ["EndedWithSales"] } ] finally a link to the listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152183383073 The site displays the same price in Euros as my response displays in GBP.
10 |600

hogiegames avatar image
0 Likes"
hogiegames answered
Well clearing the cache did it. This is the first thing I tell anyone to do when they are having issues with there browser and sure enough it is the last thing I thought to do for myself lol.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.