question

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 asked

Bug: findCompletedItems Returns End Times in the Future

I'm seeing a frequent and reproducible bug with the findCompletedItems call in the Finding API. By definition, all items returned by that call have ended. However, I'm seeing many returned items erroneously show an endTime that is in the future. Here's an example call: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=_____&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=silk&categoryId=11700 Items at the beginning of the response all suffer from this bug. Eventually, down the list, you see normal end times that occur in the past and seem to be correct. There are numerous other example calls one can build to illustrate this behavior.
findcompleteditems
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I just wanted to add that this bug often appears when making category-specific calls; less so for keyword-specific calls. So, it's very easy to reproduce. I'll be submitting this as a eBay Dev tech support ticket momentarily.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
A few weeks ago I was told by eBay Dev DTS that the problem is still being worked on.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
This bug appears to be fixed, presumably during a recent patch made to the fCI call, released a few days ago.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.