question

goinde-0 avatar image
9 Likes"
goinde-0 asked

eBay developer support?

How and why would eBay expect for developers to invest time, energy and money with them when there is no support available? Paying 75$ just to explain why they are returning a specific error or why a specific request is not working - because of insufficient documentation, non meaningful error responses and unreliable APIs - is not reasonable or justified. And TBH, "Free Support" in the forums is not called support when your questions don't get answered. I've posted a few questions since I signed up and not one was answered. Instead of ripping off your customers with fees maybe pay someone a few bucks to be on top of stuff around here. Besides for actual coding questions: I'm only at the testing / sandbox stage and it seems like something or other with the sandbox is broken every day. It is extremely frustrating. The least eBay can do is answer a few questions for us.
support
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

littlesmp avatar image
1 Like"
littlesmp answered
100% true.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

socasack avatar image
0 Likes"
socasack answered
I recently downloaded the .NET SDK and installed it on 2 different computers - with two completely different developer accounts. I then loaded the samples into the latest VisualStudio (2015). Both computers timed out and errored trying to get the time from the ebay website (its the most basic sample in the group - called "Hello World"). I thought, "Maybe I am doing something wrong" so I asked another guy to try it. He got the same results. Between us, we have over 50 years software development experience. Its bad enough that the samples from ebay don't work - but the fact that no one - no other developer or someone from ebay can answer why, speaks volumes as to why ebay is losing membership to Amazon! Seriously - their own sample code for .NET doesn't function...

tntramsey avatar image
0 Likes"
tntramsey answered
Is there anyway to submit API issues without paying, or are all issues here( https://go.developer.ebay.com/api-status) listed by paying members? There Push Notifications are not working on Sandbox and multiple people have opened question on this forum with no replies. Must we pay to let them know their API isn't working properly. FWIW - Once I switched to production the PUSH notifications started working, but eBay says they are supposed to work on Sandbox too.

worldwidephilatelicsandcollectibles avatar image
0 Likes"
worldwidephilatelicsandcollectibles answered
Same frustration nearly 2 years later. Note that https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets# says "Free Support is available in the eBay Developer Forums. For premium support, select a contact from your profile. eBay Developer Technical Support (DTS) staff members monitor both systems." But that does not mean DTS will actually RESPOND on the free side.

gripgate avatar image
0 Likes"
gripgate answered
Same frustration 2 years and 1 month later. Note that https://developer.ebay.com/my/support/tickets# says "Free Support is available in the eBay Developer Forums. For premium support, select a contact from your profile. eBay Developer Technical Support (DTS) staff members monitor both systems." But that does not mean DTS will actually RESPOND on the free side.

legolomania avatar image
0 Likes"
legolomania answered
100% True

pcrecyclerva avatar image
0 Likes"
pcrecyclerva answered
Just an FYI. I found the same issue no free support. However, if you purchase just 1 hour they will never bill you. They are actually pretty fast at responding to questions so even though it sucks to purchase support when I agree it should be free in my experience you only have to do it once.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.