question

jonfaiella1 avatar image
0 Likes"
jonfaiella1 asked ·

Aspect Filter Works Alone, But Not with Other Filters

I am trying to use a specific aspect filter to refine my search results, however, it only works alone and not with any other filters. The aspect filter I am trying to run is as follows: url += "&aspectFilter(0).aspectName=Precious+Metal+Content"; url += "&aspectFilter(0).aspectValueName(0)=1/10+oz"; If I run this alone with my keywords (Gold Coin), with no other filters, it works. However, if I add any item filter, or a second aspect filter (such as the examples below), it no longer works. The error I receive is: "TypeError: Cannot read property "length" from undefined. (line 64, file "Code")". What might I be missing? Of note, is that the aspectfilter for the year WILL work with the item filters. url += "&aspectFilter(1).aspectName=Year"; url += "&aspectFilter(1).aspectValueName(0)=2016"; or url += "⁢emFilter(0).name=ListingType"; url += "⁢emFilter(0).value(0)=AuctionWithBIN"; url += "⁢emFilter(0).value(1)=FixedPrice";
itemfilteraspectfilteraspecthistogram
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Your error sounds like it's on your end in the code. Post the entire request URL (sans APPID) You can just try it in your browser to see if it works. The filters as described should work fine.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonfaiella1 avatar image
0 Likes"
jonfaiella1 answered ·
Gah. It looks like the code does work, it just returns an empty value. It's quite odd, because I can find items that meet my search criteria outside of this search. The issue I believe is that once I delve down into the category that I want, this specific aspect is no longer a filter. 1 oz only appears as a filter on the top category.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.