question

global-imports7 avatar image
0 Likes"
global-imports7 asked

Problem connecting to the FindingService and MerchandisingService APIs.

Since yesterday, I cannot connect to the FindingService and MerchandisingService APIs (the http://svcs.ebay.com endpoint). The strange thing is that it works on one of my servers but not the other. I just get a connection timeout. I know of other people with the exact same problem... They can connect with some servers but not others.
findingservicemerchandising api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Sounds like a problem with 1 of your servers. What other people are having this problem? Can you post an example API call that is generating this? Note that with the Finding API (perhaps other APIs too), some errors are returned to the caller appearing as a HTTP 50x error, with XML data explaining the API error (like invalid AppID), as opposed to error data contained within a standard HTTP 200 response. So be sure to check for any data in the response even if you're getting a 50x error at the HTTP level.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
global-imports7 answered
The API call is fine. It works on the other server and via the web browser. As mentioned, there are no errors at all. The connection just times out. My firewall is off and I confirmed with my host that there are no technical problems that would prevent the call from going out. It is beginning to sound like the API endpoint is blocking this server for some reason.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Try these urls to verify connectivity: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1? http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GeteBayTime You should get a general error response back. If you do, your IP is not blocked. If you don't, check your firewalls and proxy servers (if any) again to make sure you can get out. Use the dig or nslookup command to get the IPs of the eBay servers and check that those are not blocked. traceroute may give some clues too. Otherwise provide more info like a sample call, O/S and running services so we don't have to guess.

0 Likes"
global-imports7 answered
open.api.ebay.com connects fine. svcs.ebay.com times out without any response The firewall is off and the ebay ips have been whitelisted. sample call: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=myappname&affiliate.customId=test&affiliate.trackingId=mycampaignid&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&sortOrder=BestMatch&categoryId=1217 CentOS 6.8 Apache/2.4.18 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.9

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Couple things here to try that probably won't fix it, but worth a shot as I've actually seen improvements from small URL tweaks like: 1) use param: &SERVICE-NAME=FindingService 2) use an earlier version, like: &SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Moderator ate my earlier post: Make sure iptables and firewalld are off and try again. Use dig or whatever they give you access to and get the IP addresses associated with svcs.ebay.com. If your DNS/hosts entries are out of date, you could be trying to reach the wrong IP.

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
The forum is blocking posts with IP addresses. So here's a graphic version. These are the current IPs I get for svcs. ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1050-svcsip.jpg

svcsip.jpg (20.5 KiB)

0 Likes"
global-imports7 answered
@helios825 It doesn't matter what parameters I use. There is no response. @clickprime The firewall is off and the IPs are resolving properly. Is there any way to contact EPN directly about this?

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
This isn't an EPN issue. This is the developers forum. Open a developer ticket. 90% chance it's not on their end.

0 Likes"
global-imports7 answered
Looks like in order to get developer support is to pay $75/hour?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.