question

global-imports7 avatar image
0 Likes"
global-imports7 asked ·

Problem connecting to the FindingService and MerchandisingService APIs.

Since yesterday, I cannot connect to the FindingService and MerchandisingService APIs (the http://svcs.ebay.com endpoint). The strange thing is that it works on one of my servers but not the other. I just get a connection timeout. I know of other people with the exact same problem... They can connect with some servers but not others.
findingservicemerchandising api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
global-imports7 answered ·
Is this board being monitored by support?
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
Tried with the g in it.. Also via the IPs. Server is not blacklisted on any site according to that service. The RSS feed works though.
·

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
Yes. But if it's on there end they probably won't charge it. It's a deterrent I think against frivolous requests. Did you try using the IPs instead of svcs.ebay.com or try svcs.g.ebay.com on the request? Check if your server is blacklisted in general? http://www.dnsbl.info/ (no idea if eBay uses this for blocking)
·

0 Likes"
Looks like in order to get developer support is to pay $75/hour?
·

0 Likes"
This isn't an EPN issue. This is the developers forum. Open a developer ticket. 90% chance it's not on their end.
·

0 Likes"
@helios825 It doesn't matter what parameters I use. There is no response. @clickprime The firewall is off and the IPs are resolving properly. Is there any way to contact EPN directly about this?
·

0 Likes"
The forum is blocking posts with IP addresses. So here's a graphic version. These are the current IPs I get for svcs. ![alt text][1] [1]: /storage/temp/1050-svcsip.jpg

svcsip.jpg (20.5 KiB)
·

0 Likes"
Moderator ate my earlier post: Make sure iptables and firewalld are off and try again. Use dig or whatever they give you access to and get the IP addresses associated with svcs.ebay.com. If your DNS/hosts entries are out of date, you could be trying to reach the wrong IP.
·

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Couple things here to try that probably won't fix it, but worth a shot as I've actually seen improvements from small URL tweaks like: 1) use param: &SERVICE-NAME=FindingService 2) use an earlier version, like: &SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0
·

0 Likes"
open.api.ebay.com connects fine. svcs.ebay.com times out without any response The firewall is off and the ebay ips have been whitelisted. sample call: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=myappname&affiliate.customId=test&affiliate.trackingId=mycampaignid&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&sortOrder=BestMatch&categoryId=1217 CentOS 6.8 Apache/2.4.18 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_fcgid/2.3.9
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.