question

pguide avatar image
0 Likes"
pguide asked ·

I cannot generate a single-user token

I am relatively new to the eBay API. I have successfully created and tested applications to use the Finding API in the eBay production environment. I am now writing a single-user application to use the Trading API and obviously need to test this in the Ebay sandbox. I have generated a sandbox keyset and created a sandbox user. I have confirmed that the test user can sign in to the Ebay UK sandbox and create an item for sale via the standard user interface. I now need to create a user token to test the application. On this page, ‘ developer.ebay.com/my/auth’, I select ‘Sign in to Sandbox’ and I am presented with a page headed, ‘Confirm the Legal Address for the Primary Contact or Business’, the information in which is all OK. However, the button ‘Sign in to eBay to get a Token’ appears faded out and selecting it certainly has no effect. I am at a loss to know how to proceed from here. The Help documentation sends me round in circles and is decidedly inadequate from my standpoint. Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong? Peter
tokenssandbox-user-tokengenerate-tokens
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pguide avatar image
0 Likes"
pguide answered ·
My apologies. My fault, as usual. I really must pay attention to instructions in detail! I hadn’t entered a response in the ‘state’ box – being resident in the UK I presumed this didn’t matter. However, when I entered my county in this box, the button ‘Sign in to eBay to get a Token’ lit up and I was able to proceed to login as a test user and generate a user token. Peter

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cooltronix avatar image
0 Likes"
cooltronix answered ·
Had the same question. The login button was grayed out where you put the address in. The 'state' in my case was blank, and I entered a '0' and everything was fine.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.