question

mholbrgr avatar image
0 Likes"
mholbrgr asked

Quantity and QuantityAvailable: Whats the difference?

Ive notice when calling GetMyeBaySelling that items can have a >0 value for "Quantity", but also a '0' value for "QuantityAvailable" and the listing will not display. Shouldn't these values de-increment simultaneously as items are sold? Whats the functional difference between these 2 fields?
quantityquantityavailable
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
ssisurplus avatar image
0 Likes"
ssisurplus answered
from the documentation there's a note of this... For GetItem and related calls: This is the total of the number of items available for sale plus the quantity already sold. To determine the number of items available, subtract SellingStatus.QuantitySold from this value. Perhaps GetMyeBaySelling is basically proxying GetItem values, when combined with their description for QuanityAvailable... This integer value indicates the quantity of an item that is still available for purchase in a multiple-quantity, fixed-price listing. This field is not applicable to auction listings. ...that would make sense I guess. I looked at one of our items with a high quantity that I know had sales on it and indeed when I use GetItem to pull the info on it, it returns the 'original' quantity we created the listing with. I then have to subtract the QuantitySold value to match our Quantity Available in our system. So it looks like QuantityAvailable is a field they are supplying that's doing the calculation for you.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.