question

sdesh avatar image
0 Likes"
sdesh asked ·

General question regarding Platform Notifications

Can you receive platform notifications about any eBay item you want to? Example: I have setup 10 various items from 10 various sellers on my site to sell. Can I subscribe to listen to say itemclosed or itemchanged for those items even though they are not my items? What I'm trying to accomplish is keeping those 10 items up to date without doing a fresh search api call each time. Thanks for reading.
platform notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered ·
Platform Notifications require seller authorization and a token. Use Shopping GetItemStatus or GetMultipleItems to get them all in one call.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sdesh avatar image
0 Likes"
sdesh answered ·
Thanks for the quick reply. So it looks like the getmultipleitems limits you to 20 item id's. In the long run, say I have 1000 items live, checking the status would require many api calls, especially if I check them say every few hours. This will work. Was wondering if you knew of any other way to get the status of the items? Perhaps not counting on your api call limit. All I need is if the item is still live, and if there were any price changes. I mainly go after fixed price items. Thanks again.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.