question

dotas avatar image
0 Likes"
dotas asked

Ebay motors api - Category is not valid. ID 33562

Trying to post the item in ebay motors using ebay api call - AddItem. It throws me an error saying as below. Could you please show some light on this. **Note -** I am able to add the item manually in ebay motors with compatability. I fetched the item details (which is added manually) using the api call - GetItem. Placed the same details in the AddItem api call. Though it got failed with below error. Error message is.. Category is not valid. The category is not valid, select another category. 107 Error RequestError Request message payload is.. ***PG1QK*** 967 en_US High Truck Right Side Mirror 236.0 US USD Days_7 Los Angeles, California 2 1000 PayPal w***12@gmail.com 1 33562 Gallery http://********/QJsAAOSwXSJXPHk~/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F PicturePack http://********/QJsAAOSwXSJXPHk~/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F false true 0 0 ShippingMethodStandard 0.0 1 false 1 6 true Flat 0 0 true MoneyBack Money Back Days_14 14 Days ReturnsAccepted Returns Accepted Buyer Buyer No NoRestockingFee Year 1998 Make Advance Mixer Model M Trim Base Straight Truck - Half Cab Engine -- DIESEL Year 1988 Make Yugo Model GVS Trim Base Hatchback 3-Door Engine SOHC Naturally Aspirated
ebay-apiadditem apiadditemcallmotorscategory-condition-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered
Make sure that you using the `100` as the value of the HTTP header `X-EBAY-API-SITEID`. This ensures that your request is routed to the eBay motors site where the category is valid. Using `0` in the header routes the request to ebay.com where the category is not valid.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered
@ dotas As davidtsadler pointed out, when you make the AddItem call make sure you set site to 100. 33562 is a valid category ID for the motors site. I was able to make VerifyAddItem call with the same information in this post. If you are still experiencing the issue, please submit a technical support request, make sure you include the AddItem request / response XML.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.