question

mijer avatar image
0 Likes"
mijer asked ·

Finding newly listed Items faster than using the Finding API

I have a client that has had me build a searching application that uses the Finding API. It searches for Keywords and sorts by Newly Listed. The client has a competitor that can find and buy the items quicker than we can find them. On average if I search for the keyword 'new', I can find item within 2-10 seconds of their posted date. However, if I search for something his competitor is searching for, it is about 30+ seconds. Which means, we never get to see the new items. Only the items he does not want. What am I missing? I am baffled. Any suggestions?
finding-apisearchsearch-listingssearchingsearch-newly-listed
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yjtk6050 avatar image
0 Likes"
yjtk6050 answered ·
I have the same issue. I'm using ubuyfirst app and I still lose 70% of the time. It seems that my competitor find a way to get around me and to get those listings faster. Any idea how to really beat it? I'm always behind by at least 10 seconds. Thank you

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

disruptek avatar image
0 Likes"
disruptek answered ·
I've found that there can be a significant delay for listing propagation, at least for listings returned via the Finding API. I've sometimes found listings appear over a minute after their posting date. I suppose it's possible that your competitor has identified a particular endpoint or combination of query filters that causes their request to route or resolve faster. You might try altering your request and see how that affects the apparent latency of results. This seems unlikely given modern service architectures, but it is nevertheless worth pursuing.

erateexercis-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
erateexercis-0 answered ·
You already spammed this forum before. Want to post us a link to this magical competitor , and we'll see if we can beat his time before you post more spam here?

oharoon avatar image
0 Likes"
oharoon answered ·
I was wondering what you would charge for your bot?

mikfilde-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
mikfilde-0 answered ·
Hi Did you find a solution to the issue?
· 1 · Share

I did not. I tested his bot and they are very very good. I will get the listing sold and listing added emails at the same time. Sometimes the sold one comes before the listing one.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.