question

good4u-good4us avatar image
0 Likes"
good4u-good4us asked ·

Problem with "AddFixedPriceItem" call

Hello, I'm having a weird exception when executing "AddFixedPriceItem" call that never happen before. When executing this call with product's details, most of the time it raises the next exception: "AddFixedPriceItem: Class: RequestError, Severity: Error, Code: 21919303, The item specific Brand is missing. The item specific Brand is missing. Add Brand to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again., Class: RequestError, Severity: Error, Code: 21919303, The item specific MPN is missing. The item specific MPN is missing. Add MPN to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again." Both, the MPN and Brand values are specified in my call for sure. This is how my request looks like: "('AddFixedPriceItem', {'ErrorLanguage': 'en_US', 'WarningLevel': 'High', 'Version': '583', 'Item': { etc, etc, ..., 'ProductListingDetails': { 'BrandMPN': { 'Brand': " ", 'MPN': " " }, }, etc..... I even tried to find random product on ebay.com and upload it with its details, it didn't work as well. The same call WORKED for me about a month ago. I didn't change any detail in the code. Now it sometimes works but most of the time it raises that exception. Please if you can check that out, maybe there is some general problem with that call right now or something changed in the API and didn't documented on the documentation site. Thanks,
apiaddfixedpriceitempythontradingapimpnbrandtrading
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered ·
Look again at the two error messages: - The **ITEM SPECIFIC** Brand is missing. - The **ITEM SPECIFIC** MPN is missing. Depending on which category you are listing in you do not specify the Brand and MPN in the `ProductListingDetails` element, but instead specify them as *Item Specifics*. Brand Unbranded MPN Does Not Apply
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.