question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

The API search takes too long to respond ! What is happening??

Hello everybody. Here is my request : http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByCategory&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-FR&SECURITY-APPNAME=**************&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&categoryId=62682&REST-PAYLOAD&paginationInput.pageNumber=21&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=10 This request takes about 2 seconds to respond . I would be grateful if someone could help me because I 'm stuck. Thank you in advance.
api-searchfinditemsbycategoryperformancespeed
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
A 2-second processing time is not atypical for your API call. Also note that you're requesting page 21, and I think the API retrieves fresh results for each call for all pages leading up to the request, instead of caching earlier pages for a time.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.