question

topstamps avatar image
0 Likes"
topstamps asked

Intermittent Trading API Failure In Production

Hello. I list items using a custom Java tool on top of the Trading API. Recently, my listing tool has been intermittently failing in production when verifying an item for submission via verifyAddItem(). I have seen similar errors in the Web interface which might be due to the same problem. I set the business policies using the following code: SellerPaymentProfileType sellerPaymentProfile=new SellerPaymentProfileType(); sellerPaymentProfile.setPaymentProfileID(Long.valueOf(properties.getProperty("ebayPaymentPolicyId"))); sellerProfiles.setSellerPaymentProfile(sellerPaymentProfile); SellerShippingProfileType sellerShippingProfile=new SellerShippingProfileType(); sellerShippingProfile.setShippingProfileID(Long.valueOf(properties.getProperty("ebayShippingPolicyId"))); sellerProfiles.setSellerShippingProfile(sellerShippingProfile); SellerReturnProfileType sellerReturnProfile=new SellerReturnProfileType(); sellerReturnProfile.setReturnProfileID(Long.valueOf(properties.getProperty("ebayReturnPolicyId"))); sellerProfiles.setSellerReturnProfile(sellerReturnProfile); item.setSellerProfiles(sellerProfiles); The shipping, return, and payment profiles are set to the same valid values every time. Generally the other item characteristics are very similar. 3 out of 4 times, the following verifyAddItem() succeeds, otherwise it fails with the following exception message and stack trace: Exception in thread "main" com.ebay.sdk.ApiException: PayPal added as a payment method because you have set your preference to offer PayPal on all listings. A return policy must be specified. At least one valid shipping service must be specified. at com.ebay.sdk.ApiCall.getApiException(Unknown Source) at com.ebay.sdk.ApiCall.executeByApiName(Unknown Source) at com.ebay.sdk.ApiCall.execute(Unknown Source) at com.ebay.sdk.call.VerifyAddItemCall.verifyAddItem(VerifyAddItemCall.j ava:312) at Editor.main(Editor.java:695) I have noticed similar problems in the Web interface's "bulk relist" and "revise item" pages that may be caused by the same problem. Probably a server running stale code or which has failed to retrieve my business policies for whatever reason. Please diagnose and fix, this is stopping me from selling on Ebay. Thanks, Steve
tradingapi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.