question

hotwiring-oz avatar image
0 Likes"
hotwiring-oz asked

GetOrders API: Check Payment Status

@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com This is a followup to https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/10016/getorders-api-check-payment-status.html but my reply has been in moderation since April 1st and there appears to be no way I can get my posts to appear in that thread. I would also like an answer to this question, very much. In my case it's direct deposit (MoneyXferAccepted and MoneyXferAcceptedInCheckout) as we are selling on eBay Australia. During the checkout, a buyer chooses this option and is then supposed to perform a bank to bank transfer. Sometimes, they do not. Using the API it is impossible to separate, so our shipping application is asking to ship orders which have not been paid for. In the eBay Selling Manager paid and unpaid orders are clearly separated - the Payment Received flag is not set until we check our bank account and update the order. Then, it appears in the Awaiting Postage section. Using the API, it seems impossible to separate paid and unpaid orders when direct debit has been used. The documentation for "Accepting Payment From a Buyer" at http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/Sales-Checkouts.html#AcceptingBuyerPayment says: If a buyer selects a payment method other than PayPal, then arranging payment for the item is the seller's responsibility. If the payment method is an online payment service other than PayPal, then completing the payment may be a matter involving the seller, the buyer, and the payment service vendor. In these cases (when PayPal is not used), the order line item's status is marked as completed as soon as the buyer finishes the checkout process. Note: This is true whether or not payment has actually been received by the seller, since that is outside the ability of eBay to track. Use ReviseCheckoutStatus to modify the status of an order. See ReviseCheckoutStatus Following the link to ReviseCheckoutStatus tohttp://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/ReviseCheckoutStatus.html shows: PaymentStatus This field is used to mark the order as paid or awaiting payment in My eBay. If you specify 'Paid', My eBay displays an icon for each line item in the order to indicate that the order status is Paid. If you specify 'Pending', this indicates that the order is awaiting payment (some applications may use 'Pending' when the buyer has paid, but the funds have not yet been sent to the seller's financial institution). .ReviseCheckoutStatus cannot be used to update payment and checkout status for a non-trusted payment method. See eBay's Accepted Payments Policy for more information on trusted payment methods. If the payment method is PayPal, this field should not be used since PayPal automatically set this field's value to "Paid" upon receiving the buyer's payment. Applicable values: Paid - Order line item payment is completed. Pending - Order line item is awaiting payment. The first part says payment status is outside of the ability of eBay to track, but it's not sent to payment received when using eBay via a web browser. The second part says you can't even change the status with the API where direct deposit was chosen by the buyer. So...... Using the API, how do you filter out orders where the buyer has chosen direct deposit ((MoneyXferAccepted and MoneyXferAcceptedInCheckout) but the seller has not yet marked as payment received?
api-getorders
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered
@hotwiring-oz, Please have a look at this [KB article][1]. "Paid is determined by the existence of the Transaction.PaidTime element with a valid dateTime value" Order.CheckoutStatus.Status = Complete and Order.CheckoutStatus.eBayPaymentStatus = NoPaymentFilure means a buyer has successfully completed the checkout process, and it does not contain information about payment. However, if an item has not been paid you will not be able to find Transaction.PaidTime in the response. [1]: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1388

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hotwiring-oz avatar image
0 Likes"
hotwiring-oz answered
Thank you Catherinwon62, very helpful. We are currently looking at this, hopefully it will solve our problem!

This is exactly the answer we needed, thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.