question

rocheric.hbt2at avatar image
0 Likes"
rocheric.hbt2at asked ·

"GetShippingCosts" API returning no data for several listings

Hello everyone, I've been noticing a lot of listings coming through with no Shipping information when the "GetShippingCosts" API is performed by my application. The weird thing is, once I go to the listing URL, I can see that there is shipping information under the "Postage and packaging" table, so in theory the API should return that data as well, right ? Here goes an example: **API CALL:** http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetShippingCosts&responseencoding=JSON≈pid=&DestinationCountryCode=GB&DestinationPostalCode=&ItemID=110401727898&IncludeDetails=true&Version=517 PS: It doesn't matter what "DestinationPostalCode" I set in the request, I keep getting the same response. **RESPONSE:** {"Timestamp":"2016-04-25T21:58:00.970Z","Ack":"Success","Build":"E963_CORE_APILW_17911290_R1","Version":"963","ShippingDetails":{"InsuranceOption":"NotOffered","TaxTable":{"TaxJurisdiction":[]}}} PS2: I noticed the "Version" in the response, then tried updating the field in my request, but my response was pretty much the same, except that I also got the "ExcludeShipToLocation" information, which I guess is some improvement, but still not quite what I was hoping for.. **HTML:** If you go to the [product's URL][1], you'll see that there is information under the "Postage and packaging" table (all you have to do is set the shipping location to UK and w/e postal code you desire). **SUMMARIZING:** I can't really understand how I can find the data on the HTML but not get it from the API. Am I missing something here? Maybe some other API call I should be using ? I'm kind of at a loss here, so any help is greatly appreciated :) Thank you all in advance. Best, [1]: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GGS-LCD-Screen-Protector-optical-glass-for-SONY-DSC-HX1-/110401727898?hash=item19b474ad9a:g:9WwAAOSwuMFUdB6w
api-problemgetshippingcosts
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
chipi1982 avatar image
0 Likes"
chipi1982 answered ·
i have the same problem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.