question

erateexercis-0 avatar image
0 Likes"
erateexercis-0 asked ·

Querying large number of items.

Hi, I'm working on an application that search eBay 5000 items at a time. I'm starting with Finding API ( 50 iterations of 100 entries per page for 50 pages ). Afterwards I follow with various 'tricks' to get the rest of the data. Ideally I should use GetItem on the 5000 items , but there are two problems with that: 1. 5000 consecutive GetItem calls is very slow (anyway to make a GetItem**s** call?). 2. eBay limits the number of API calls per application , I'll finish my daily Trading API calls quickly. Any idea? Thanks.
trading apifinding-apitrading-apifinding apigetitemtradingapi
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
erateexercis-0 answered ·
@michael.kariv not to the best of my knowledge. It will require a two-step involving some get* function.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michael.kariv avatar image
0 Likes"
michael.kariv answered ·
@erateexercis-0 , so there is no way to find something like total sales volume if product like "sony a6000" in the last 30 days?

andrzejborucki avatar image
0 Likes"
andrzejborucki answered ·
How call getMultipleItems? ebay.apis.eblbasecomponents.ShoppingInterface port = service.getShopping(); GetMultipleItemsRequestType multipleRequest = ????? port.getMultipleItems(multipleRequest); ????? is "new ebay.apis.eblbasecomponents.???" ?

0 Likes"
@michael.kariv A partial one , it seems the eBay doesn't provide and direct method through the Finding API to search only for live listings that have sold.

michael.kariv avatar image
0 Likes"
michael.kariv answered ·
@erateexercis-0 , did you happen to find a satisfactory answer?

0 Likes"
The 20X factor GetMultipleItems offer is great but it doesn't solve my problem. Hence it's still an open issue for me. I went through the API docs plenty of times , than I came here asking since I might have missed something. Unfortunately my app is a search engine thus going through tons of items is the basic requirement. I'll investigate your suggestions.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
**I don't understand you reply. I'm aware of these API.** I provided you a list of APIs to read because you indicated that you haven't bothered to try GetMultipleItems since Helios suggested it 3 weeks ago and you're looking for features on one call that don't exist but are provided by another call which you now say you already know about. The documentation is there for you to read. That way you don't have to come here and ask us to read it for you and retype it here. If your issue is strictly a matter of call limits you need to rethink your process: - do you really need to download all this data? In MOST cases the answer is no. In many cases, you can just request the information a user needs when they need it a page at a time. - The eBay Partner Network is offering a batch download feeds of active listings that you might be able to use. You'd have to extract relevant items and then pull new listings with the API. This wouldn't count against API call limits. Not sure how complete these lists are. See EPN for more info. - Download items on an rotating basis (e.g. hourly) and once you catch up, just request new and modified items instead of trying to fetch everything at once. See the docs for more info.

0 Likes"
@clickprime I don't understand you reply. I'm aware of these API. Currently I used findAdvancedItems and iterate with GetItem over them. Besides trying to examine if GetMultipleItems can give me all the data GetItem has , do you suggest something else? I didn't find how to filter findAdvancedItems itself in my request to only sold items (unlike findCompletedItems). Did I miss some API option?

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·

0 Likes"
I need: - ItemID - Price - URL - Brand - Images - UPC - Selling history GetMultipleItems contains selling history too?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.