question

jasoschoc avatar image
0 Likes"
jasoschoc asked

AddItem errors: Shipping policy is required / Return policy is required / Payment policy is required, even though policy exists

Our app posts to eBay using the Ebay Trading API. One user is having some specific errors. They have had no problems with posting items for sale up to March 8 2016. Since then, they are unable to post multiple items via the API with these errors: * Shipping policy is required. RequestError 21919152 * Return policy is required. RequestError 21919154 * Payment policy is required. RequestError 21919153 The app includes these policies along with each AddItem request, and the seller has them set as well in their own preferences. VerifyAddItem for the listing against the sandbox is successful. What is the issue and how can we resolve it?
return-policypoliciespayment-policyshipping-policy
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

my-obd avatar image
0 Likes"
my-obd answered
Maybe your API version is outdated. I had similar problems with adding items. I used this way to find out the actual policies: http://stackoverflow.com/a/19550750 After updating and using the new parameters my script was working fine without any errors. Toby

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jasoschoc avatar image
0 Likes"
jasoschoc answered
Thanks for the info, @my-obd. Strange that this is only happening for one user. We don't specify an API version in our requests. Maybe we need to.

Are you still seeing this issue? Do let us know. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
jasoschoc avatar image
0 Likes"
jasoschoc answered
It looks like the listings that were previously showing this error have now posted successfully after retrying several days later. We had the seller contact eBay support with a description of the error messages. I don't know if this was what fixed this issue, or whether it was something else..

paul01121981 avatar image
0 Likes"
paul01121981 answered
Hello! @jasoschoc I'm experiencing the same problem! How did you find the solutions? @jasoschoc Thank you for help!

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi Paulo1121981, Can you please provide your complete request along with the seller information so that we can take a look at what the issue is? Cheers!!!

paul01121981 avatar image
0 Likes"
paul01121981 answered
Hello! @shulmani_developer.support In my application I use CMS to connect to Ebay via MIP (Merchnt Integration Platform). The CMS downloads XML files to MIP and I get XML errors with the same API errors. I thought this is the same problem. But I don't actually use direct API calls. I'm providing and example of product feed that my CMS generates. What kind of seller information you need? At this time I figured out that this errors don't really depend on business policies at all. In my case, this errors happen when I miss required attributes for a specified category. Or if the attribute has an invalid value. But I can't find the right attribute names and values for Russian Ebay platform. I can see that this names and values differ from US platform. I think I need to download special metadata for Russian platform somewhere! RU sku100 This is the first book in the Harry Potter series. In excellent condition! Hard L Regular http://st.eroticfantasy.ru/media/pic/STM-9734PBLK_a.jpg 63861 New http://st.eroticfantasy.ru/media/pic/STM-9734PBLK_b.jpg Russianpost 2 Testpayment Return

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.