question

hopewellsfeeds avatar image
0 Likes"
hopewellsfeeds asked

Don't know how to view/retrieve access tokens

Hi, When I register for a token via the Manual approach, I get the new token printed on screen with the following message: "This token will be hidden and encrypted for security. Sign as the eBay user to retrieve it any time from this page, or sign in from your application (if configured below)." I can't understand "Sign in as the eBay user" - if I log in with my developer login, there is no information about assigned tokens at all, however my client's ebay login can't login to the developer area, nor is there any token information on screen even when the client login is actively logged in to ebay. I'd be very interested in whether the current site token originated from my production keys before I replace the old token - where can I view assigned tokens, from either login credential (developer or seller). Thanks.
tokeninformation
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @hopewellsfeeds The message which you see is "This token will be hidden and encrypted for security. Sign as the eBay user to retrieve it any time from this page, or sign in from your application (if configured below)." This basically means: In the new site, every time you want to view/revoke your production auth token, you will have to login to eBay site by clicking on the button 'Sign in to production' for security purpose. Let me know if this info helps Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi hopewellsfeeds, This message means that if you like to retrieve this token in the future, you need to sign in using the eBay user account. An authentication token is associated with an eBay user account and an application. For more information, please refer to document below: http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Basics/Tokens.html You will have to manually save the token for each eBay user. Regards,
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.