question

hwaorrdk avatar image
0 Likes"
hwaorrdk asked

Why is everything broken?

Is it just me, or is a whole bunch of stuff with the eBay developer website and APIs utterly broken or unusable at the moment? Just today, I've experienced no less than 5 broken or buggy things: 1. Tried using the `findItemsAdvanced` method on the Finding API to search for items in a particular category, for a particular seller, with a couple of aspect filters. Only finds 5 out of 27 items that I know should be returned (as can be ascertained by browsing that seller's eBay store). These items **do** contain the necessary specifics data that I am filtering for with the aspect filters, so I can only assume something is broken in the finding API. 2. On the Shopping API, despite what the documentation says, if you try and use **only** the `X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME` HTTP header to specify the call/method name, it breaks. You get back a 400 Bad Request response, with the message "AXIS error: invoking via GET" and "No method!". You have to use the `callname` URL parameter instead. 3. Tried to log in to my developer account, but can't because [login form][1] is broken. Fill in username and password and hit enter, spinner spins for a couple of seconds and then goes away. Nothing else happens. No messages, no redirect, am not logged in, nothing. Same happens in multiple browsers. 4. Tried to report this using the feedback [contact form][2]. The first couple of CAPTCHA images given had some characters in them *so* small (seriously, I'm talking 3-4 pixel wide blobs here!) that no-one would ever have a hope of reading them. 5. Eventually submitted that form, but all that happened was a redirect back to the developer home page. No 'thank you' page, no message, not even a confirmation e-mail. Has my feedback been received? Who knows! Aaargh, seriously, WTF, eBay?!? It feels like no-one at eBay ever tests or even looks at their own stuff to check if it works as documented, or even works at all! ---------- **Well, I wrote a big long answer several days ago addressing the points made by @davidtsadler, but obviously none of the moderators can be bothered to approve it. Again, more things at eBay that aren't given attention! >:(** [1]: https://developer.ebay.com/signin [2]: https://go.developer.ebay.com/contact
broken
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered
> Tried using the findItemsAdvanced > method on the Finding API to search > for items in a particular category, > for a particular seller, with a couple > of aspect filters. Only finds 5 out of > 27 items that I know should be > returned (as can be ascertained by > browsing that seller's eBay store). > These items do contain the necessary > specifics data that I am filtering for > with the aspect filters, so I can only > assume something is broken in the > finding API. Equally one could assume that it's your code. Hard to determine without seeing the request you are making. > On the Shopping API, despite what the > documentation says, if you try and use > only the X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME HTTP > header to specify the call/method > name, it breaks. You get back a 400 > Bad Request response, with the message > "AXIS error: invoking via GET" and "No > method!". You have to use the callname > URL parameter instead. The docs are a bit misleading with regards the HTTP headers. They are needed if you are making a HTTP POST request. If you are making a GET request then stick to using the URL Parameters.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

magnetsa avatar image
0 Likes"
magnetsa answered
I agree with the initial query. Why are so many things broken? I experienced some of the same things. I'm using another registration from years ago that was rarely used. The main registration I need to use, the password has been forgotten and Ebay will not send an email with a PIN they promised to send. I need to generate a token for a developer so they can get some work done with EBAY APIs. I can not find an ebay telephone number, but, I have not looked very much. Just stating this may be a problem in a few minutes. Anyway, I can get nothing done if I can not get a PIN response. I can not get a PIN response after requesting it 3 times now.

magnetsa avatar image
0 Likes"
magnetsa answered
Hello?????? When do these things get posted????? I need help here!!!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.