question

braindigitalis avatar image
0 Likes"
braindigitalis asked ·

eBay AddItem XML API call - "Featured First" listings

Hi,

We have a system which has been running successfully live for many months which submits listings from a proprietary product database. This system allows submission of items with "Featured First" listing, e.g. <GalleryType>Featured</GalleryType>.

This only seems to work now if GalleryDuration is set to Days_7. LifeTime no longer works, nor does Days_30, which we had been previously advised to use in place of LifeTime. Using either of Days_30 or LifeTime gives the error:

21916051: InvalID value for Gallery Duration. (InvalID value provided for Gallery Duration.)

This is impacting our customer's ability to list items and they are understandably frustrated. Can anyone please shed some light on why we are unable to use any duration but 7 days, when it is clearly stated that LifeTime should be supported too?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Our request and response from the live ebay servers are attached with senstive data removed.

apiadditemebayxmlfirstfeatured
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
braindigitalis avatar image
0 Likes"
braindigitalis answered ·

I have found the problem myself.

The ListingEnhancementDurationCodeType is incorrectly documented: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/additem.html#R...

The documentation page lists Days_7 and LifeTime (note: Capital T) as valid options. Knowing that XML is case sensitive i was sending LifeTime, calling GetCategoryFeatures lists the value as "Lifetime" without a capital T. Sending Lifetime without the capital T seems to work on both production and sandbox.

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.