question

ssisurplus avatar image
0 Likes"
ssisurplus asked

Seller Categories not updating properly through API or UI

I posted this yesterday... https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/15808/setstorecategories-giving-error.html but I tried to update 1000 items last night where I changed our store category and the price of several items. All the calls but 2 or so were returned as successful using reviseitem, however in looking today the store categories are not being updated, but the prices did. Not only did ReviseItem not work (and I tried testing a few individually this morning), but also SetStoreCategories (using this to delete some categories and move to others) did not move the items specified to the destination category I specified. I also tried deleting a few of the categories via EBay's UI and those didn't update either. I try setting the StoreCategoryID in ReviseItem and everything returns successful, but going to edit the item manually does not show that it updated, it shows the item as being in the 'other' category. So I modify it through the revise item UI and it finally updates. Then use GetItem API call and the StoreCategoryID is the same as what I originally tried setting it as. Something strange is going on or I'm doing something wrong, but the Ack is always successful. *Scratching my head*
reviseitemstorecategoryidsetstorecategories
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
ssisurplus avatar image
0 Likes"
ssisurplus answered
Helps if you turn on high warnings sometimes. Turned out I had a capital f in Storefront element. Geesh. RevisteItem is now working, however the options for SetStoreCategories and using the online manage store UI to delete categories and move items still doesn't move items to the specified category. It won't matter as I update all these items as I'll be moving to the new Store Categories I want them in eventually.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.