question

freeport-sales avatar image
0 Likes"
freeport-sales asked

How can I have more ebay api calls? the limit which is 5000 is not sufficient at all

Hi, I want to do some market research for my store and the number of trading api calls is just not enough, I need at least 100,000 calls. How can I get more calls? I don't mind having 100,000 calls for the all 20 days which makes it 5,000 a day, but I do need one time 100,000 calls. Best,
api calls
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ssisurplus avatar image
1 Like"
ssisurplus answered
I thought I read in another post that you have to submit your app (or a portion of it related to ebay calls) and request a higher call amount. I actually just did that today although my app is purely internal and not for end users and I explained as such. I can let you know in a few days if it works or not. We have 12,000+ items and I've needed to adjust something on all the listings before and I have to spread it across 3 days. I just want our call limit high enough that on occasion i can do this without having to spread it over multiple days.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
freeport-sales answered
Hey Russ, Same here, my use is mainly internal, but I may release it to public use, but in both cases I want to test the scale of other elements of my application with no way to do so today..

ssisurplus avatar image
1 Like"
ssisurplus answered
@freeport-sales - they did increase my count after I submitted portions of my code related to EBay and a description of what I was doing. So I'd say take that route for your app. Just letting you know.

aboobakr77 avatar image
1 Like"
aboobakr77 answered

ssisurplus avatar image
1 Like"
ssisurplus answered
The link is helpful, but the Application Compatibility Check process is somewhat intimidating at first if you are just a developer working internally with little to no intention of releasing anything publicly and just doing calls for internal use. It makes you think you have to have a hardened program ready to do millions of calls, interact with the end user, etc. My app is intended to only be run by myself and end users don't touch it. A lot of the times I'll just have the program stop if it encounters any type of error I don't recognize. So for someone in the future wondering the same things I did, you can submit an 'internal' only app and get call limits increased. They are going to ask questions about your usage and your estimated calls per day/hour. I think the big things they are looking for is that you actually are checking that the call is successful or not and if not, then you handle that in some way. Just fyi

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
1 Like"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, As russ0268 pointed out, the Compatible Application Check is more to check if the application is using bets practices and not violating any eBay policies . It does not matter whether its an application used internally or externally. Please file an Compatible Application Check at : https://go.developer.ebay.com/compatible-application-check-and-checklist-going-live and once everything is checked, If everything looks good, your APPID will be granted higher API Call limits, Cheers!!!!

0 Likes"
freeport-sales answered
Thanks allot.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.