question

homeautosoft avatar image
0 Likes"
homeautosoft asked ·

Developing first Ebay App

Hello, I am a c#.net developer and have been tasked with developing my first Open EBay App... I have connected to the EBay API in Visual Studio and have called the function GetMyeBaySelling - Happy Days... But I am completely confused how EBay Open Apps work. Am I right in thinking that EBay Open Apps are actually html/jQuery based and call the EBay api directly from "within" EBay? Inititially I thought I would write an external that ran on a desktop and talked via the API but my employer wants it as an "official app"? Can anyone give me a rough overview of the way it works? Thanks
apps
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered ·
If I understand correctly, existing Open eBay Apps are still supported, but no new ones are being accepted. Here's the live/active lot of them: http://apps.ebay.com/ If they really aren't accepting new applications, they should post this announcement more conspicuously. I had to hunt around to find this notice: https://go.developer.ebay.com/api-documentation#Open

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered ·
Last I heard, Open Apps was discontinued by eBay several years ago. Assuming that's true (maybe an eBay rep can confirm), you can always write an application that connects to eBay from externally, like the rest of us do. You can get such an app certified by eBay for higher calling volume, but otherwise I don't think there's any kind of "official" designation for apps anymore.

0 Likes"
homeautosoft answered ·
I have to concur. What you say does look correct. I could have wasted all day developing an app to find out they cannot be used any more!! Thanks for your help!! Trev

0 Likes"
homeautosoft answered ·

0 Likes"
homeautosoft answered ·
Really? That's very interesting... I was just reading this introduction page.... Are these the apps you say are now discontinued? Trev

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.