question

novembershop24 avatar image
0 Likes"
novembershop24 asked

SetPromotionalSaleListings - Cannot delete a listing from active promotion?

Details about the call is here: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/SetPromotionalSaleListings.html I have been using this call to delete listings from my promotions when they change the price (new stock new price, etc.). I was working for me great before, successfully take the listing off the promotions, no problem at all. Until 2 days ago, it no longer works. Every time I tried to call the delete function (see below), eBay returns this error: {'SeverityCode': 'Error', 'ErrorClassification': 'RequestError', 'ErrorCode': '21916621', 'LongMessage': '1 listings failed because they cannot be in two active sales simultaneously.', 'ErrorParameters': {'_ParamID': '0', 'Value': '1'}, 'ShortMessage': 'Invalid PromotionalSale item(s).'} I'm not trying to add the listing to the a second promotion, I;m trying to take a listing off its promotion. I'm baffled as of why this happens. My code for the function is below: ''' Delete listing to the promotion sale''' def deletePromotionSaleListing(self, ItemID, PromotionalSaleID): try: PromotionalSaleDetails = { "Action": "Delete", "PromotionalSaleID": PromotionalSaleID, "PromotionalSaleItemIDArray": [ {"ItemID": ItemID} ] } self.api.execute('SetPromotionalSaleListings', PromotionalSaleDetails) return self.api.response.dict()['Ack'] except ConnectionError as e: print e.response.dict() return e.response.dict()['Errors']['ShortMessage'] You can see that I'm trying to DELETE the listing here and I don't know why it's acting weird. I was workig fine before. Does anyone experience the same issue? If any eBay's support can shed some lights in this matter, I would truly appreciated. Thank you.
trading apisetpromotionalsalelistings
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
novembershop24 avatar image
0 Likes"
novembershop24 answered
Don't know why the code part got screwed. Here it is: ''' Delete listing to the promotion sale''' def deletePromotionSaleListing(self, ItemID, PromotionalSaleID): try: PromotionalSaleDetails = { "Action": "Delete", "PromotionalSaleID": PromotionalSaleID, "PromotionalSaleItemIDArray": [ {"ItemID": ItemID} ] } self.api.execute('SetPromotionalSaleListings', PromotionalSaleDetails) return self.api.response.dict()['Ack'] except ConnectionError as e: print e.response.dict() return e.response.dict()['Errors']['ShortMessage']
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.