question

itemsdepotcom avatar image
0 Likes"
itemsdepotcom asked

ebay api how many records can I download in one call ?

Say for example if I want to download 4,743 records on ONE CALL they would have to be split up by 100 records per page. That would still be considered as one call correct? Or would each page be a different call? What is my total record limit per call? How much can I max out on?
api call limit
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Limit varies by API and call. Read the API Call limits doc. https://go.developer.ebay.com/api-call-limits Each page request counts toward limits.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Likes"
itemsdepotcom answered
So in other words if I do one request, and its say 1,000 records. with pagination set at 10 pages it will count as 10 calls? Do I have that right? thanks
10 |600

0 Likes"
itemsdepotcom answered
I looked at the link you sent me and I did not see anything on records. It has call limits. But from what I can understand is every time you reference the server it counts as a call correct? And from what your saying once I go over the 100 limit with a pagination then each page after that will count as another call? Or is it one reference 5,000 records= one call for example
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Assuming you're talking about the popular Finding API, there's a max of 100 items/records per page/response/request/call. If your try to retrieve more than 100 items in your page/response/request/call, you'll just get 100 items/records. So, to get 5,000 items/records, you'll need to make 50 separate or sequential requests/calls.
10 |600

0 Likes"
itemsdepotcom answered
yes that is correct on the finding api that I am using. Right now I just have it built to download 100 records. I am assuming it be just like the other apis. I can refrence the ebay api once and grab all 5,000 records at once correct? But in this case it would count as 50 calls. Correct? thank you in advance
10 |600

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
**I am assuming it be just like the other apis. I can refrence the ebay api once and grab all 5,000 records at once correct?** Your making an assumption not supported by the documentation. Read the API doc for whatever call you are using regarding pagination. e.g paginationInput.entriesPerPage for findItemsAdvanced says: "Specifies the maximum number of entries to return in a single call." It's a record limit, not a budget.
10 |600

0 Likes"
itemsdepotcom answered
I think you just confused me even more. I thought if you had say for example the find api you are limited to 100 records at once per pagination. Therefore the second pageination lets say had 5 records. And on that refrence it brought it up a total of 105 records there fore we break down the the number of records per page which would then equal 2 api calls?
10 |600

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Try to read the docs as they are written rather than adding your own ideas to them. http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/findItemsAdvanced.html#Request.paginationInput The number of API calls made is the number of calls counted. The number of records requested or actually returned by any given call is not relevant to the call counts.
10 |600

0 Likes"
itemsdepotcom answered
I wasn't trying to add my own ideas i was trying to understand. I was trying to put it in a question to understand better or get the idea across better. I went to the link and I still do not see where it says one reference as a call. But thank you for your time and answer.
10 |600

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
I understand, but the common meaning of making a call and counting the calls you make is pretty straightforward. It's not really more complicated than that. You seem to be starting from somewhere else.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.