My API stopped working - finding API advanced items
I had a php tool running for months... then it stopped. The error reported is my seller ID is invalid. I did not change my seller name, nor did I alter my code. I went to the API test tool and get the same error. My store name is thedancinghampsterstore which is what I have always used to seller name. The 28 error below is from the API Test Tool. Failure 28 Marketplace Error Request Invalid seller name. Search thedancinghampsterstore 1.13.0 2016-02-25T13:43:10.118Z Normally I use PHP and run this code from GitHub, which I have run unaltered since the start. $apicall = "$f_endpoint?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced" . "&version=$f_version" . "&GLOBAL-ID=$globalID" . "&SECURITY-APPNAME=$appID" // replace this with your AppID . "&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=$responseEncoding" //
https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/984/findingitemsadvanced-itemfilter-listingtype-not-wo.html . "&itemFilter(0).name=Seller" . "&itemFilter(0).value=$sellerID" . "&itemFilter(1).name=ListingType" . "&itemFilter(1).value=$itemType" . "&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=$maxEntries" . "&paginationInput.pageNumber=1" // . "&sortOrder=$itemSort" //StartTimeNewest . "&sortOrder=StartTimeNewest" // I previously had defined the sellername $sellerID='thedancinghampsterstore'; And it worked, so something has changed, but I didn't see any record of the docs changing. Any help would be appreciated! I also grabbed some random sellernames and they did not work either.
You're very welcome. Although it won't filter by the listing type, there is a very similar API call that may be suitable for you... $apicall = "$f_endpoint?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsIneBayStores" . "&version=$f_version" . "&GLOBAL-ID=$globalID" . "&SECURITY-APPNAME=$appID" . "&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=$responseEncoding" . "&storeName=$sellerID" . "&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=$maxEntries" . "&paginationInput.pageNumber=1" . "&sortOrder=StartTimeNewest" this is untested, but should hopefully work.
ACK! Maybe it is related... Failure 5 Marketplace Error Request Invalid store name. Search thedancinghampsterstore 1.13.0 2016-02-25T15:35:42.369Z Thanks for your help! Luckily I can wait and see if they fix it
I'm definitely seeing this too, starting 1-2 days ago. Error 28, Invalid Seller ID. This is for fIA calls that limit to a seller ID, and I know that the specified seller IDs are completely valid, and have worked fine in my scripts for months/years. Ok, I just read the API status page (thx for posting). Glad to hear they're working on it!