question

dwitchlow avatar image
1 Like"
dwitchlow asked

How can I find details of Sandbox users I've created?

I created two new users in the Sandbox, using my eBay developer account, but now can't log in using those users credentials. Also I did not get any emails from the accounts which I linked to those users - should I have? I thought to go to someplace to look at the details of all of the users I have created in the Sandbox but can't find anywhere to do this. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,  Derek

sandbox-users
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered

Hi

I don't think emails are sent while creation of sandbox test user accounts.

Can you give me the test accounts you created ?

Thanks

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I believe that I created Testuser_RoddySeller1 and Testuser_RoddyPunter1; however I was trying to find out if I made a typo somewhere and was hoping for a summary of test users that I created. Also it would be useful if a welcome email was sent - this would confirm the entire process of creating a test user and enable a record of these to be kept.

thanks,  Derek

0 Likes 0 ·

Update: I've managed to get one of the users names I created (testuser_roddytrader) by asking for an email to be sent to the email address I registered (seems I remembered that correctly!). However, when trying to retrieve/change the password, I click on the link in the email I received:-

If you have forgotten your password, you can request it at:
http://pages.sandbox.ebay.co.uk/services/registration/reqpass.html

but the link takes me to the live eBay site, not the Sandbox.

I managed to get to a page which has the heading "Confirm your identity to reset password" which asks me questions about "Favorite Site" (sic - this is a .co.uk site - we spell the word as favourite!). The questions asked on this page, however require answers which I will not have provided when I used the "eBay Sandbox User Registration Tool", so I'm not able to retrieve my password via this route.

Should I just forget about these users, create some more and hope for the best?

0 Likes 0 ·

OK, so I've just created a new user and carefully documented all of the details which I used and received a success. On trying to log in to the Sandbox using the details, I'm told that my browser (Firefox) is blocking cookies - which it is definitely not! I've has this problem before and have had to delete the cookies relating to the eBay Sandbox before I could proceed. This whole process is a nightmare!

0 Likes 0 ·

OK, this is becoming like a blog!

I've deleted all of the cookies relating to the eBay Sandbox and LO I can log in. So, I think, I'll edit my Secret Question so that I can retrieve my password if I lose it in the future. Nope - I'm on "https://scgi.sandbox.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?HandleNewPasswordHint" which says:-

Select a new secret question, provide the answer. Then click Change Secret Question below. If you ever forget your password in the future, eBay will ask you about this information before allowing you to change your password.

So I select "What street did you grow up on?" and enter "Mill Street" and click Change Secret Question. I am then returned to the initial Change Secret Question page with a red box saying "Error The following must be corrected before continuing:"

I can't get past this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Any updates please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gadgetroid avatar image
0 Likes"
Gadgetroid answered

Has anyone got past this point?. I can see over 200 views for this topic. Same issue here - unable to log into sandbox user.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered

Hi

Sandbox users cannot make changes or updates to their passwords. This is currently an unsupported feature, please refer to : https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=684

If you can share your username, I can set the password for you.

Thanks

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
1 Like"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended answered

Hi,

I have created two test users using same email address. But now I'm unable to log into one sandbox test user account, i can't change its password either.

Can we register more than one test users on the same email address? And how can i retrieve the credentials of the test user account I'm unable to log in?

Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.