question

asutr01 avatar image
0 Likes"
asutr01 asked ·

Is there a way to get how many items are listed under a specific category?

For example, categoryID: 179413 has total 68,000+ products listed under it. I would like to get that number (only the counter of number of items) through eBay API. Is it possible? Here is the link to category: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Car-Truck-Accessories/179413/bn_557883/i.html Thanks and appreciate your time, Ajit
ebay-apicategoriesitem listing
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
· 2 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks helios825 for your answer, But this would restrict me to returning only 10,000 items. Because I would have to count number of pages being returned and each page returns only 100 items. I would like to get the number 68,000 when I search by category. Any other way doing it? Thanks again, Ajit
0 Likes 0 · ·
Oh never mind, I see the option for paginationOutput.totalEntries when getting the FindItemsByCategoryResponse. Thanks helios825.
0 Likes 0 · ·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
I haven't used that histogram functionality before, but I would figure it's not limited to 10,000 items since it's just a count, not actual items returned. Give it a try and see.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.