question

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo asked

Incorrect SellingStatus?

This particular item (291600867620) shows as sold on both the eBay site and within the eBay app when searching completed listings: http://ebay.to/1RO6wGY However using the finding API it shows as 'endedWithoutSales'. Is anyone able to explain why the discrepancy? Below is the response via the finding API for this item (you'll need to enter your own API key where it says =ENTER_YOUR_APP_ID_HERE). A few of my users have pointed out a number of the discrepancies when using my product so I'm keen to find the issue. http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&SECURITY-APPNAME=ENTER_YOUR_APP_ID_HERE&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD&descriptionSearch=false&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&outputSelector(0)=PictureURLLarge&outputSelector(1)=SellerInfo&paginationInput.pageNumber=1&keywords=Barbasol&itemFilter(0).name=Condition&itemFilter(0).value(0)=New&itemFilter(1).name=Seller&itemFilter(1).value(0)=bluemedical
finding api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
I've seen this kind of thing a lot too, and I'm not completely sure what's going on. But here's my best guess, and perhaps there really is consistency here... This looks like one of those BIN items that auto re-lists (Good 'til Canceled) every 30 days. The findCompletedItems (fCI) call you mentioned shows that it ended about 1.5 days ago with no sales, but GetSingleItem (and seemingly the eBay website) shows it started on Oct 28 last year, and now ends Feb 26, and has some sales. Maybe they're both correct, and fCI is simply reporting for the most recent 30-day cycle of that item before auto-relisting for the Jan 26 - Feb 26 time frame. And maybe those previous sales happened late last year (or yesterday) and not in the month that fCI is reporting on.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
Say, how do you generate those eBay.to links?
10 |600

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered
Hi helios, thanks for your help with this. I think I understand what you're saying and I guess that does make sense! with no way to see which period ebay is reporting on for that particular item it's hard to say for sure. I wonder how ebay is reporting this as sold in their app, perhaps their completed items reporting period is more accurate, or that they're doing multiple GetSingleItem calls instead of one findCompletedItems call in order to get more accurate results. The link was generated using bit.ly, it looks like they can see it's an ebay link in somehow cleverly convert it to an ebay.to link.
10 |600

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I sort of assumed fCI was reporting for the most recent 30-day cycle of the item, since it shows an end timestamp of a couple days ago. I could be wrong. I just had a look at [the purchasing history][1], and I'm not seeing a giant 30-day gap anywhere to support my theory, so I'm less sure about things now. At first I conjectured that perhaps the item is multivariation, in which case a certain variation can go unsold for any length of time, but I doubt this item is a multiv. [1]: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=291600867620
10 |600

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Note that the web search is for completed items, not sold items.
10 |600

a2hgo avatar image
0 Likes"
a2hgo answered
I had assumed the same, i.e. no sales in the last full '30 day run', but apparently not. @clickprime - I'm comparing the completed listings that ebay is showing with the completed listings the findCompletedListings API is showing, so like for like. I guess it just looks like eBay's API is reporting incorrect data, I'd open a support ticket with them but looks like theres a cost for support :o(
10 |600

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
The point was that the website shows no sales when "sold listings" is selected, but shows when "completed listings" is selected. I can't explain the green highlighting, perhaps it is a synchronization problem with the new eBay system. Or maybe a refund/cancellation?
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.