question

tcooper9311 avatar image
0 Likes"
tcooper9311 asked ·

PHP Script to return UPC for a list of items

I want to return the UPC, EAN, or ISBN for items on ebay. I tried to make the call using the product api and getProductDetails call. Unfortunately I'm getting a response back. I also tried to use the trading api and the getItem call to return the UPC, EAN, or ISBN but I ran into issues with that as well. I am using the ePID to make the call for both getProductDetails and getItem. Has anyone done this before? If so can you please share how you made the call for either the getProductDetails or getItem. Thanks!
trading apigetitemeanupcproduct apiproduct-detailsisbngetproductdetails
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

whoppingdeals2016 avatar image
0 Likes"
whoppingdeals2016 answered ·
So many people have asked this question but the responses have at best been murky or confusing. Personally, I have noticed Ebay returns UPC only for keyword searches which return a bunch of results for any keyword and not when you do a specific search with a parameter like the Item number or product ID. There's a good chance Ebay is doing this because they don't want customers discovering the exact same product (with a UPC search) selling on other competing websites like Amazon or Walmart at a lower price and purchasing from them.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

retroused avatar image
0 Likes"
retroused answered ·
Too i have this problem...not is possible acquire EAN (im in italy) for product without variantion, only product with variantion have call for ean/upc/isbn. I have open a post here and the developer answer me: post: https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/15464/getsellerlist-acquire-ean-for-single-product.html look the answer. But is possible?? not return this field????...please many people on forum have this issue...but nobody developer giving right answer...IT'S POSSIBLE EBAY NOT HAVE CALL FOR THIS FIELD????

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
You might be able to do so with findItemsAdvanced in the Finding API. Check out [the productId node][1]. [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/findItemsAdvanced.html#Response.searchResult.item.productId

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.