question

the_bay_design avatar image
0 Likes"
the_bay_design asked

Help with existing dynamic categories script

Hi. I have recently paid for an API script for dynamically updating categories within a store or listing. The point being that I can completely style and place them anywhere if I call categories this way and do not use the standard ebay gui.

The problem is that the script does not work in ebay and in fact just states error even though the script works within dreamweaver "live view" and also if loaded directly from a HTML file. It does not work when the script is inserted into ebay. The following javascript calls to an external php file to attain the categories.

<div id="boxcontent">&nbsp;</div>

<script language="javascript">

$(document).load("http://thebaydesign.co.uk/ebay/nextofskin/cats.php", function(response, status, xhr) {

if (status == "success") {    

$("#boxcontent").html(response);

}else{

$("#boxcontent").html("error");

}

});

</script>

In the location of the php file is also an ebay certificate and an XML file.

Any Ideas why the script would fail in ebay but not on regular hosted HTML file (even if the html file is in a different folder to the xml, php and certificate files.

Thanks in advance.

Karl

dynamic-categoriesdynamic-api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

developer-support@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
developer-support@ebay.com answered

Hi Karl,

Unfortunately, without seeing the request and the response containing the error, we cannot do much.  If you can provide further details, please file a support request.

Best Regards,

eBay Developer Support

10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered

Karl:

I think live eBay item description pages have security measures to limit the functionality of Javascript. Maybe that's what you're running up against.

Sounds like you paid someone to develop this script? Did they test it on a live eBay listing before completing the project?

-h

10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.