question

ndong22 avatar image
0 Likes"
ndong22 asked ·

Getting a thread of messages with message IDs

In order to sync my application with Ebay, I need to be able to retrieve both messages that are sent to user, and the messages that user sends. Say, a user A send a message "A" to a user B, who replies with "B", to which user A replies "AA", to which B replies "BB", and so on. Currently, I can call "GetMyMessages" or "GetMemberMessages" on behalf of user B, and get messages "A", "AA", "AAA", ... and I can call this method on behalf of user A, and get messages "B", "BB, "BBB"... I can also call "GetMyMessages" specifying the folder Sent, and get all the messages sent by a user. But, **I do not know which message was written in reply to which**! I need to get **a thread of messages**: the initial message, reply to it, reply to reply, etc (i.e. the whole conversation between users: "A" -> "B" -> "AA" -> "BB" -> "AAA" -> ....). Or at least get an ID of the reply if message's status is "Answered". From the structure of "Content" field in the output of GetMyMessages with detail level ReturnMessages, I see that eBay forms these kind of threads (or conversations). But I cannot find a way to figure out how to get message IDs involved. Please help me, this is drying me crazy.
getmymessagesmessaginggetmembermessagesthreads
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.