question

greenwich-market-trader avatar image
0 Likes"
greenwich-market-trader asked ·

connecting to the Trading API in VB.NET 2003

I am trying to connect to the ebay API in VB.net 2003. I have copied various sample codes on the net I am able to generate valid xml which I have save to a file and pasted into the API test tool. This works okay and I get a response which I as save. It appears to recieved the call but says the request is not supported. I have tried this with both GeteBayOfficialTimeRequestResponse & AddMemberMessageAAQToPartnerRequest both give the same error. - 2016-01-15 22:15:51 Failure - Unsupported API call. The API call "GeteBayOfficialTimeRequest" is invalid or not supported in this release. 2 Error RequestError 947 17771433 I think the issue lies in the headers that I am sending with the request: Dim req As HttpWebRequest = WebRequest.Create(SandboxURL) Dim resp As HttpWebResponse = Nothing 'Add the request headers req.Headers.Add("X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL", "947") req.Headers.Add("X-EBAY-API-SITEID", "3") req.Headers.Add("X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME", "GeteBayOfficialTimeRequest") req.Headers.Add("X-EBAY-API-DEV-NAME", DevID) req.Headers.Add("X-EBAY-API-APP-NAME", AppID) req.Headers.Add("X-EBAY-API-CERT-NAME", CertID) I have read elsewhere there is an issue with headers need to be in a standard array, i.e. 'Content-Type: text/xml', 'X-EBAY-API-COMPATIBILITY-LEVEL: 727', 'X-EBAY-API-DEV-NAME: 03dbea79-6089-4a00-8b3f-3114882e5d07', http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6875960/php-ebay-api-unsupported-api-call-error/10588742#10588742 unfortunetly this is the advice for php so it might be totally wrong but I have discovered that if I remove my headers I get the same error message. Any code samples that are currently working with the ebay api that are in vb.net 2003 are appreciated. Mike.
vb.net
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
1 Like"
davidtsadler answered ·
The header `X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME` should be the name of the operation that you wish to call. In this case `GeteBayOfficialTime`. Since there is no such operation as `GeteBayOfficialTimeRequest` you will get the error that is returned. The correct header should be: req.Headers.Add("X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME", "GeteBayOfficialTime")

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greenwich-market-trader avatar image
0 Likes"
greenwich-market-trader answered ·
David, Thank you for your time looking at my problem that was indeed the correct answer. The (metaphorical) rocket is being manoeuvred onto the runway and is almost ready for take off.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.