question

dan_2004 avatar image
0 Likes"
dan_2004 asked ·

Retrieving picture urls with GetMyeBaySelling?

I am trying to retrieve all of the information about my active listings using GetMyeBaySelling but none of the items in the response include any picture urls. More specifically, Each Item in the response does contain a GalleryURL (Item.PictureDetails.GalleryURL, the url of the first picture of the item) as expected. However, those items which have more than one picture associated with them should have their urls listed in an array (Item.PictureDetails.PictureURL), but this array always is empty. My request is made with a detail level of ReturnAll. Is there something else I need to specify in the request to get the PictureURL array? Or does this API simply never return that level of detail? Thanks for the help, Dan
getmyebaysellingpictureurllarge
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The doc does say that this is available with GetItem. The doc does not say that it is unavailable with GetMyeBaySelling. So, if PictureURL is unavailable with GetMyeBaySelling, then a related question is: Is the best way to retrieve all the information about a collection of listings (say, the Active List) then to just use GetMyeBaySelling to get the list of all the Item.ItemID values and then call GetItem on each ItemID? Thanks again, Dan
0 Likes 0 ·
helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered ·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dan_2004 avatar image
1 Like"
dan_2004 answered ·
I haven't heard any responses to this. My best guess is that the correct way to retrieve all of the information about one of the collections of listings (for example, your active listings) is to use GetMyeBaySelling to get a list of the ItemID values and then use GetItem on each id. Any comments or additions?

dan_2004 avatar image
0 Likes"
dan_2004 answered ·
I think the simple answer is to just use GetSellerList with the right detail or granularity level.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.