question

smart_home_wizards avatar image
0 Likes"
smart_home_wizards asked ·

Correct value for ProductListingDetails for multivariation listing?

I am trying to list a multi-variation item on ebay.co.uk using the **AddFixedPriceItem** method. This has been working well for the past ~2 years but there appears to have been a change over the past few days. I am now getting an error: > AddFixedPriceItem: Class: RequestError, Severity: Error, Code: 37, Input data is invalid.Input data for tag is invalid or missing. Please check API documentation. I am submitting an empty **Item.ProductListingDetails** field, because for a **multi-variation** item: - EAN/UPC/ISBN: are not defined, and the API notes specified that they should not be submitted anyway for a multi-variation items - Brand/MPN: these fields must be specified together, or not at all. While the multi-variation items will have the same brand, they will not have the same MPN (by definition - "manufacturer part number"), so there is no sensible value for a multi-variation listing. - Other fields: I have never used any of these fields. So, it looks like eBay is expecting something in **Item.ProductListingDetails**, but I don't know what to put. Thanks, Paul
addfixedpriceitem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Paul, Can you please paste the complete request here without the credentials? That will help us . Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 · ·
0 Likes"
smart_home_wizards answered ·
@davidtsadler Thanks for the hint about the documentation. Naïvely I though that when they changed the API *all* the details I would need would be on the reference page for the **AddFixedPrice** item call. But in fact the section on **Item.ProductListingDetails** does not tell the whole story...Your link provides the answer. For those that come after, for multi-variation listings: 1. Don't use **Item.ProductListingDetails** 2. Put the brand in the **Item.ItemSpecifics.NameValueList** 3. Put the MPN (if available) in **Item.Variations.Variation.VariationSpecifics.NameValueList** 4. Put the EAN/UPC/ISBN in the **Item.Variations.Variation.VariationProductListingDetails** 5. If you have specified a MPN at #3 above, also put 'MPN' and a list of MPNs in **Item.Variations.VariationSpecificsSet.NameValueList** (this point is *not* mentioned in @davidtsadler's link above). Gotta love that data model. Clearly eBay don't believe in DRY.
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

In case anyone else is having trouble - this is what I did, but when I tested it in the sandbox the MPN was still showing as a variation that the user could select. In production it works correctly.
0 Likes 0 · ·
0 Likes"
smart_home_wizards answered ·
Is there no one from eBay who can help with this question. There are 15 people interested in the answer, and as far as I can tell the docs are silent.
· 2 · Share

Can you supply the following. 1. The site id that you are listing to. 2. The eBay category that you want the item to appear in 3. The full XML request that is been sent. I'll then see if I can answer your question.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Forgive me if you've already read the docs but there is a guide that explains how to list multi-variations with product identifiers. Basically you don't specify the Item.ProductListingDetails element in your request. http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/guides/ebayfeatures/Development/Listing-AnItem.html#RequiredProductIdentifiersMandate
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.