question

beefydog9000 avatar image
0 Likes"
beefydog9000 asked

how to you retrieve MPN from GetOrders line item?

I can't seem to retrieve the MPN (which is in all the listings) from an order retrieved by the GetOrders method. I loop through the order.TransactionArray to get each transaction (I assigned to a variable I named "trans"), then look at trans.Item. I can get the ItemID and the Title, but I absolutely must have the MPN. Looking at the API, this should be available in the ProductListingDetails, but that is null! (it SHOULD be in "trans.Item.ProductListingDetails.BrandMPN,MPN", but since the ProductListingDetails is ALWAYS null - no matter what, I can never retrieve the MPN ). Does anyone know how to retrieve this information?
getordersmpnbrandmpn
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I attempted to make a separate call with GetItemCall() and pass in the item ID. Still no luck. I can see all kinds of information, but no way to get the MPN. ItemSpecifics and ListingDetails are empty. Maybe this is a bug, no?
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
beefydog9000 avatar image
0 Likes"
beefydog9000 answered
I found the answer. There is a switch called IncludeItemSpecifics used when making a call via GetItemCall. Set it to "true" so the specifics will be returned. An example in C#: GetItemCall Apicall2 = new GetItemCall(Context); Apicall2.DetailLevelList.Add(DetailLevelCodeType.ReturnAll); Apicall2.IncludeItemSpecifics = true; //IMPORTANT!! eBay.Service.Core.Soap.ItemType fetchedItem = Apicall2.GetItem(trans.Item.ItemID); In VB.NET: Dim Apicall2 As GetItemCall = New GetItemCall(Context) Apicall2.DetailLevelList.Add(DetailLevelCodeType.ReturnAll) Apicall2.IncludeItemSpecifics = True 'IMPORTANT!! Dim fetchedItem As eBay.Service.Core.Soap.ItemType = Apicall2.GetItem(trans.Item.ItemID) Then, you can get the item specifics
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.