question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
1 Like"
$$anonymous$$ Suspended asked

Do platform notifications work in the sandbox?

The documentation says you can but I have not received any notifications from eBay. I'm sure I've set it up properly but "GetNotificationsUsage" shows 0 count for all types.
sandboxsandbox-problemplatform notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

azmusicgeek avatar image
0 Likes"
azmusicgeek answered
I have been running "Platform Notifications" for over two weeks now on "production". On December 9th (9 days ago), I received 22 notifications which is only a small portion of what I should have received. I have not received a single notification since. I never received a single notification from the sandbox. I have personally decided to not rely on Platform Notifications as they do not seem to work at all and ebay's support on this matter is ridiculous as all they ask me to do is pay them $75/hour to fix their issue?? What kind of support is that? Has anyone got Platform Notifications to work consistently? I have not. I get maybe 1-2% of the notifications I should be getting.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you az. That's the answer I needed. Now I can stop spinning my wheels on this.
0 Likes 0 ·
Ive been going crazy trying to set this up.... thanks I will stop bothering.
0 Likes 0 ·
corc-ches avatar image
0 Likes"
corc-ches answered
This is still not working in Sandbox as of this writing!!! I would like to raise this up because it seems nobody from eBay side is taking care of fixing this. I believe there are great applications relying on Platform Notifications because for one, this does not count to the limited Trading API Calls thus saves API call requests, and of course the event is close to real time, like when an order is made, the application can then receive the order data just seconds after. This is advantageous for a lot of inventory management applications for instance. If this is not fixed in Sandbox, then eBay would want us developers to test in Live environment which they would benefit because it would be live payment transactions where fees are non-refundable.

catherine_developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
catherine_developersupport answered
@corc-ches We know that certain events such as ItemListed are working in the sandbox. Can you tell me what event you are trying to test in sandbox?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.