question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Not receiving platform notifications

This is happening for all notifications but I'm using "AskSellerQuestion" as an example. On an alternate account I asked a question on an item by main account listed. My main account listed the item via the API (using my user's token, app id, cert id, and dev id). My main account received an email once the question was asked but "GetNotificationsUsage" shows: "'NotificationStatistics': {'QueuedNewCount': '0', 'DeliveredCount': '0', 'ExpiredCount': '0', 'ErrorCount': '0', 'QueuedPendingCount': '0'}" The result of "GetNotificationPreferences" shows: { 'EventProperty': [{ 'EventType': 'WatchedItemEndingSoon', 'Name': 'TimeLeft', 'Value': '30' }, { 'EventType': 'BidItemEndingSoon', 'Name': 'TimeLeft', 'Value': '15' }, { 'EventType': 'ShoppingCartItemEndingSoon', 'Name': 'TimeLeft', 'Value': '15' }], 'Ack': 'Success', 'Timestamp': '2015-12-16T20:47:45.947Z', 'Version': '927', 'Build': 'E927_CORE_API_17590338_R1', 'UserDeliveryPreferenceArray': { 'NotificationEnable': [{ 'EventType': 'AskSellerQuestion', 'EventEnable': 'Enable' }] # Additional notifications listed but I truncated it } } By the way, what's up with the "EventProperty" node? What does it designate?
sandboxplatform notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
azmusicgeek avatar image
0 Likes"
azmusicgeek answered ·
I have been running "Platform Notifications" for over two weeks now on "production". On December 9th (9 days ago), I received 22 notifications which is only a small portion of what I should have received. I have not received a single notification since. I never received a single notification from the sandbox. I have personally decided to not rely on Platform Notifications as they do not seem to work at all and ebay's support on this matter is ridiculous as all they ask me to do is pay them $75/hour to fix their issue?? What kind of support is that? Has anyone got Platform Notifications to work consistently? I have not. I get maybe 1-2% of the notifications I should be getting.
·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.