question

azmusicgeek avatar image
0 Likes"
azmusicgeek asked

Platform Notifications Not Being received due to numerous 10007 errors.

**I just tried enabling Platform Notifications** to my app for a number of events both on sandbox AND on production and all I get is random ItemRevised and some 10007 errors. I am logging ANYTHING (all headers AND POST data) that posts to my application url. It doesnt even seem that eBay is even attempting to notify my app. **Here is what I get from a GetNotificationsUsage call.** - [Timestamp] => 2015-12-08T22:05:20.613Z - [Ack] => Failure - [ShortMessage] => Internal error to the application. - [LongMessage] => Internal error to the application. - [ErrorCode] => 10007 - [SeverityCode] => Error - [ErrorClassification] => RequestError - [Value] => Unable to use existing JDBC Connection for CORE_notification0host. Caught an exception with an error message of om.ebay.integ.dal.cm.pool.DcpConnectionTimeoutException: Quick Timeout waiting for a free connection in pool CORE_notification0host, with 0 connections. This happens when the connection pool is empty after connections are lost, and the throttle delay period has not expired. Please, look for ConnPoolTimeout CAL event for details. Quick Timeout waiting for a free connection in pool CORE_notification0host, with 0 connections. This happens when the connection pool is empty after connections are lost, and the throttle delay period has not expired. Please, look for ConnPoolTimeout CAL event for details **Here is result of.. GetNotificationPreferences w/ PreferenceLevel=Application** [ApplicationURL] => https://mydomain.com/api/notifications [ApplicationEnable] => Enable [AlertEnable] => Disable [NotificationPayloadType] => eBLSchemaSOAP [DeviceType] => Platform [PayloadEncodingType] => SOAP [PayloadVersion] => 933 **Here is result of.. GetNotificationPreferences w/ PreferenceLevel=User** - [UserDeliveryPreferenceArray] => SimpleXMLElement Object - [NotificationEnable] => - => [EventType] => AuctionCheckoutComplete - => [EventEnable] => Enable I show Enable for the following... FixedPriceTransaction, AskSellerQuestion, ItemRevised, MyMessageseBayMessage, MyMessagesM2MMessage, ItemSold, ItemMarkedShipped, ItemMarkedPaid **I am not getting POSTS from ebay about any of these. I got a few ItemRevised last night. I have had orders and messages come in with no notifications. Does eBay's Platform Notifications even work?**
api-problemplatform notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, Can you please open a support ticket with us at : developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/default.aspx so that we can talk directly with you and investigate the issue? Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
azmusicgeek avatar image azmusicgeek shulmani_developer.support ♦♦ ·
When I go to that link I dont have an option to create a ticket. All it does is ask me to pay $75/hour for you to look into your errors. Why would I pay you hourly to fix your own system? Please advise. Where do I report ebay system errors?
0 Likes 0 ·
azmusicgeek avatar image
0 Likes"
azmusicgeek answered
**24 hours later...** I have received from ebay a bunch of ItemRevised, 1 ItemMarkedShipped, 1 AskSellerQuestion, and 1 AuctionCheckoutComplete. We've had way more events occur than that... not very happy with this Platform Notifications system. Seems to be pick and choose notifications and quite buggy.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

azmusicgeek avatar image
0 Likes"
azmusicgeek answered
2 weeks later... I have been running "Platform Notifications" for over two weeks now on "production". On December 9th (9 days ago), I received 22 notifications which is only a small portion of what I should have received. I have not received a single notification since. I never received a single notification from the sandbox. I have personally decided to not rely on Platform Notifications as they do not seem to work at all and ebay's support on this matter is ridiculous as all they ask me to do is pay them $75/hour to fix their issue?? What kind of support is that? Has anyone got Platform Notifications to work consistently? I have not. I get maybe 1-2% of the notifications I should be getting.

Hi, If you are still facing issues, please file a ticket with us at : http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/default.aspx Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
azmusicgeek avatar image azmusicgeek shulmani_developer.support ♦♦ ·
Hi shrut, Are you a robot? This is the same response you gave me last time and you did not read nor respond to my post. I asked where do I report problems on your servers without paying you money to do so? I find it ludicrous to have to pay you $75/hour to address issues on your own servers. The errors I initially posted are coming from your servers not mine... Your platform notifications are intermittent and/or broken. If the problem is on your side do you refund people? This support system is silly.
1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.