question

mr_fresh avatar image
0 Likes"
mr_fresh asked

Trading API - error : return policy is required whether specified or not

Hi, Category Id: 11848 call : AddItem Method : SOAP Im trying to add a new item filled up all required values using ItemType object, however, I received an error "Return Policy Is Required" I looked up in GetCategoryFeatures for the category Id: 11848 .. the ReturnPolicyEnable is FALSE. I also tried adding ReturnPolicyType and ref to ItemType.ReturnPolicy but I still get same error + a warning "return policy not allowed" Could some one assist in this? whether its eBay bug or anything else Im missing?
trading apiadditem apic# eaby api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
xantaro avatar image
0 Likes"
xantaro answered
eBay has changed something and their front line support team is denying it. During the last 24 hours, all listings are requiring payment, shipping and returns policies - even though they were previously optional for the same products. We have had 5 customers report the error, upon contacting eBay they have simply been told that the error is at our end, not eBay's. Sadly, this is an all too typical response. Hopefully enough API users will back us up and eBay will take notice, or at least explain what has been changed and why!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

It seems not a great solution. We are currently using Channeladvisor and they successfully create and update our inventory
0 Likes 0 ·
hi, Are you still facing the issue? Please let us know. If possible, please provide us the sample. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.