question

eliadalsanto avatar image
0 Likes"
eliadalsanto asked ·

Retrieving/Tracking an old item/listing

I'm developing an application that automatically creates and publishes ebay listings for items from an internal database. Creating a new item and putting it on sale works well. But I also have another requirement: I have to subsequently be able to retrieve the listings in order to check their status / revise them / relist them / etc. Now, my question is: what is the best way of retrieving an old item you created? Initially I thought of just using the `ItemID` value together with the `GetItem` API, but reading the documentation further I am under the impression that the `ItemID` changes over time (i.e.: when an item is relisted). So, for example, if the user uses the eBay website to re-list an item that has been published by the application, the old ItemID would not be valid anymore, and the application would not be able to retrieve the item. Is this correct? And if so, is there a better way of retrieving a specific item I listed in the past?
getitemitemid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

· Write an Answer

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.