question

jason_damisch avatar image
0 Likes"
jason_damisch asked

I can't buy anything in my eBay Sandbox Store

Dear eBay Programmers, I have created a test store and put 300 items in it http://stores.sandbox.ebay.com/testuser-brickwoodmotors?_trksid=p4340.l2563 I chose two items from that store which I will try to buy with a test account. 110170387905 Bosch - W0133-1803345 set to Free Shipping 110170387907 Elring - W0133-1643673 set to Free Shipping This is so that I can test Notifications. I want my program to be able to get orders and then send them along to a warehouse which has the stuff to ship out. So, I have to make a few sales to get the Notifications to educate myself and for testing purposes. The test account details for the buyer are as follows eBay Sandbox user Username: TESTUSER_extremeauto88 Password: 8902##cdaUUO Email: extremeauto@jasondamisch.com Paypal Sandbox user User: extremeauto@jasondamisch.com Pass: 8902##cdaUUO I created these two sandbox accounts and linked them together for the test buyer. I am in Mozilla Firefox. To be extra carefull I will make a fresh start. I will clear the Cashe Click on OPTIONS and then ADVANCED Cashed Web Content = Clear Now I will clear the Cookies OPTIONS and then PRIVACY History and then Use Custom Settings for History Show Cookies and then Remove All Close the Browser Restart my Computer Log into the eBay Sandbox with the above test Buyer Check to see if it is possible to even buy anything with my test Buyer by purchasing something from somebody else. Buy This Atari 742725278271 The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault $3.34 Item number: 110065410438 Click on "Buy it Now" There is a blue "Commit to buy" button. Click on it. There is a blue "Pay now" button. Click on it. It takes me to a screen which says "Checkout: Review order" at the top. I click on the blue "Continue" button It takes me to the Paypal login screen and I log into Paypal I click on the orange "Confirm and Pay" button. I click on the blue "Complete checkout" button. Now it say "Internal Server Error" The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@paypal.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. That was wrong, so I will try it again and replete the above steps. go to sandbox.ebay.com try to buy that thing all over again Now I notice the screen says this, it probably did before New! Breeze through checkout in as few as two clicks Simply link your eBay account with PayPal for a faster checkout You'll make safe and secure PayPal payments without leaving eBay Yes, link my accounts BLUE BUTTON THAT SAYS COMPLETE CHECKOUT Not now. Complete checkout When I click on the blue button it gives the same error as above When I click on the link "Not now. Complete checkout" I says... Your payment is still processing If your payment is declined for some reason, you’ll see your items under Awaiting payment in My eBay. You should then try your payment again. So I look under http://my.sandbox.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay And I see that I bought it three times, even though the checkout process for the sandbox is flakey. SO NOW I HAVE TO TRY TO BUY THE THINGS I PUT INTO MY OWN TEST STORE!!! 110170387905 Bosch - W0133-1803345 set to Free Shipping I go to the page for this one I click on the blue "Buy It Now" button It DOES NOT bring me to the blue "Commit to buy" button. instead it brings me to a page which looks broken, there are no graphics displayed on it. Here is the URL https://checkout.sandbox.ebay.com/xo/view?sessionid=5193337010&pagename=ryprender This screen looks massively broken like there was a problem sending all of the data from the server, but that is not the problem. It is something else. I will describe the screen. This is totally different than what it did for the game I bought. It says "Checkout: Review order" at the top It has my shipping address on it. It says pay with Paypal with the Paypal logo, the only place on the whole screen where it shows an image. It says "Cart Details" It says "Seller testuser_brickwoodmotors" It has a box to add a message to the seller with. It describes the part It has "Choose a shipping Service" It shows the Sales Tax It has "Add Donations" It has "Cart Summary" It has "Total Amount" It has a funny looking LONG grey button which says "Continue" in it. I click on that "Continue" button. It shows the PayPal login screen and I log in there. It shows the orange "Confirm and Pay" button. I click on it. It shows this message We were not able to process your PayPal payment. If you encounter this message more than once, please contact PayPal customer support for further assistance. "PayPal customer support" is a link which is as follows http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab So when I look in the list of stuff that I bought, it only shows the game and not the car part. I have a few questions. 1. How come I can buy somebody elses product, but I can't buy one that I put into a Test Store myself. My test Buyer account is different than my test Seller account. 2. Am I suppose to use the API ONLY to purchase stuff in the Sandbox, or should I be able to normally just buy it from the front end of the eBay sandbox? It does say in the back end of my test Buyer account that the PayPal and eBay accounts are linked Buying on eBay: Your eBay account is linked to this PayPal account for purchases: e...o@jasondamisch.comUnlink accounts. The one big difference I can think of is that the game was on regular eBay and the car part was in eBay Motors? That might make a difference? Please Help
ebaysandbox storebuyingpurchasing
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
jason_damisch avatar image
0 Likes"
jason_damisch answered
I wanted to test my theory that it might have something to do with the fact that my items are in eBay motors and not in regular eBay. So, I logged into the back end of my test store eBay sandbox account and then created this item. Atari 7800 Expansion Box - 110170608756 I put it my Sandbox store in a non-motors category and then logged out. Then I logged back in with my test Buyer account and purchased it. It did something unexpected. It too me to that broken checkout screen like it did for the car part but instead of stopping after I got through the PayPal screens, giving me an error like last time it took me to the screen which asked me if I wanted to link my accounts or to simply proceed, like it did for the game. The result was that when I looked at the buying history for my test seller account, it shows that I purchased the video game accessory which I put in to test my idea with. So, my current thinking is that there are some serious bugs in the eBay Sandbox for purchasing items manually, but that I can still test Notifications by putting in some stuff manually into my test store and not classifying it as Motors. I honestly don't know what the bug(s) involved are, but I might just be able to work around them for the time being. Jason Damisch
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.