question

eliadalsanto avatar image
0 Likes"
eliadalsanto asked

findItemsByProduct using EAN codes always fails (but works if I search the site with a browser)

I'm trying to use the finding API (`findItemsByProduct` method) to search for items using the EAN code. Note that simply pasting the EAN code in the search box on the eBay website works perfectly, but through the api it always fails, telling me "Invalid product ID value" (error 41). My request is as follows: 4712900035957 With the following headers: X-EBAY-SOA-OPERATION-NAME : findItemsByProduct X-EBAY-SOA-SECURITY-APPNAME : ********************* X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-NAME : FindingService X-EBAY-SOA-GLOBAL-ID : EBAY-IT (note: the GLOBAL-ID header makes no difference, the same error happens on the GB or US website) The respnse I get back from the service is: Failure 41 Marketplace Error Request Invalid product ID value. Search 4712900035957 1.13.0 2015-10-23T14:12:28.544Z Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?
finding-apifinditemsbyproduct
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This worked, thanks.-
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.